Those people who grew up in pre-WW2 years in the Upper Hunter region would well remember Saunders cordials with the head of a greyhound dog etched on the bottle. In our family tree the Saunders name come up on several occasions and we have yet to discover if any are connected:
- Mary J Saunders married James Thomas Pont (1882-1965) at West Maitland in 1905.
- Charles E Saunders married Sarah Alice Vine at Scone in 1884
- Isobel Louisa Saunders married Henry Joseph Smith
- James Edward Saunders married Sarah Magaretta Donne at Kurri Kurri, NSW
- Dean Paul Saunders married Amber Lee Edwards.